Insecticidal and Fungicidal Oils: Dormant and All-seasons Oils
by John Dromgoole
- High Yield and All Seasons Spray Oil: petroleum-based. (Avoid spraying after temperatures hit the mid-80s to avoid leaf burn). Dormant oil is used in early winter to kill over-wintering eggs and larvae.
- E-rase concentrate for powdery mildew: Jojoba oil
- Organicide to control disease and many insect problems: sesame oil, fish oil
- Bioganic Organic Insect Control: herb oils (thyme, clove, sesame)
- Orange oil to control insects: 2 oz. in a gallon of water with a bit of soap
- BioNeem (or any neem product) for insect and disease control: neem oil from the neem tree. This disrupts an insect's hormonal balance so it stops feeding.
- Rose Pharm: peppermint oil for roses
- Indoor Pharm: rosemary oil
- Flower Pharm: cinnamon oil
NOTE: Be cautious with these botanical/horticultural oils. Once it's hot, consider applying at night. Read instructions carefully to avoid leaf burn.
Article Type: List