Development Associate, Grant Writer
KLRU, Austin's PBS station, seeks a Development Associate to execute proposal-related activities including: researching funding sources, preparing applications/proposals, coordinating communication with funding sources, and managing internal records for funding sources. They also provide administrative support to the Director of Corporate Relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, write, and submit competitive proposals to private and public foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Coordinate proposal development with VP of Development and other internal stakeholders.
- Communicate as needed with potential funders.
- Develop and maintain a proposal/grants calendar.
- Coordinate final reports and other required paperwork with VP of Development.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including funder research files, grant application deadlines, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed.
- Maintain Raisers Edge records.
- Maintain required registrations, i.e., grants.gov, grant center for public media, etc.
Corporate Support Assistance
- Create and maintain underwriting constituent records in Raisers Edge.
- Enter underwriting pledges/payments into Raisers Edge.
- Audit contracts monthly with proof of performance affidavits from Protrack to ensure contracted delivery of spots for corporate supporters.
- Work with Accounting Department to provide accurate billing and affidavits for monthly invoicing per broadcast calendar months.
Other duties as assigned by the VP of Development, including but not limited to writing collateral for investment purposes, donor acknowledgements and other donor cultivation/stewardship communications.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Journalism required.
- 1-2 years of grant writing administrative experience required
- At least 1 year grant writing preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly in writing.
- Exceptional research skills and ability to identify grant resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Experience with different types of grants, including foundation, state, and federal grants a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Ability to adhere to timelines and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff from other departments to accomplish projects.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and use innovative techniques and ingenuity to prepare grant applications.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Proficiency working with computer systems - MS Office Suite and Google Docs
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Attn: Myra Bull (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158
Fax :(512) 233-5818