KLRU, Austin's PBS station, seeks a Grant Writer to plan & execute proposal-related activities and provide research to the Development department with an emphasis on Foundations and Corporations. Proposal-related activities include: researching funding sources, preparing applications, coordinating communications with funding sources and managing internal records for the funding sources. Research activities include: identifying and using research tools and proving useful research to members of the department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages KLRU grant applications, including coordinating interdepartmental grant applications
- Identifies and researches foundation, individual, and corporate funding sources
- Recommends, based on research, fundraising strategies for prospects and donors
- Identifies new prospect research resources
- Collaborates with department heads to identify KLRU funding needs and match them to potential funding sources
- Creates stewardship plans for foundation supporters
- Maintains foundation records and maintains fundraising database related to those records
- Responsible for preparing foundation- and grant-related communications (written and oral) with board members, donors, and prospects
- Manages documentation and reports required for grant awards
- Maintains grants calendar
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Development
Knowledge and Skills required:
- 3-5 years of grant writing experience
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience with different types of grants, including foundation, state, and federal grants
- Ability to develop budgets for grant applications
- Computer skills including competency in MS Work, Excel, and navigating the Internet, including on-line grant databases
- Ability to juggle multiple projects successfully
- Ability to adhere to timelines and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with staff from other departments to accomplish projects
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Human Resources, Attn: Myra Bull (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158