Post Production Engineer
KLRU, Austin's PBS station, seeks a Post Production Engineer to keep our editors editing and content flowing from cameras to screens. You’ll support the systems and workflows that help us bring Central Texas to the world. And you’ll be a resource for your coworkers - when they need to do something new or crazy (usually both), they’ll come to you to figure it out.
At KLRU, we do meaningful work with a small team of passionate coworkers dedicated to public dialogue, civic engagement, and positive community change. Our award-winning shows include Austin City Limits, Arts In Context, Central Texas Gardener, Overheard with Evan Smith, Decibel, and BBQ with Franklin, as well as countless special productions and events. We pride ourselves on our supportive and collaborative work environment.
We’re also moving to a brand new facility in 2020. As part of the Technology department, you’ll be heavily involved in the design and execution of a facility for creating and sharing content that builds and honors our community. Come join us in forging the future of public media in Central Texas.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Install, configure, maintain and support technical infrastructure necessary to create, manage, and distribute content across multiple platforms, digital environments and content distribution partners
- Design and implement digital workflows to solve ever-changing production challenges
- Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including but not limited to nonlinear editing systems, shared storage systems, transcoders, and archival
- Install, operate and test a wide variety of video, audio and metadata applications running on both hardware and software
- Investigate, test, and present technology that will enhance workflows and ensure reliability, especially in emerging content delivery models
- Fully document new systems and procedures, as well as provide training to coworkers
- Communicate complex technology topics to wide audiences, including executive management
- Support KLRU and client productions and events
- Assist other team members with production support and troubleshooting in other areas, including but not limited to cameras, video switchers, videotape recorders, and other production equipment, servers, and applications
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position requires being able to work off hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Here’s the knowledge and skills you’ll need:
- At least 5 years work experience in the video/audio engineering field with an emphasis on digital and file-based workflows
- Experience supporting a shared post-production environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional video technology and workflows, audio, metadata, and post-production environments
- Solid knowledge of codecs and file formats
- Extensive experience with HDTV and major audio and video file formats
- Proficient in both Microsoft and Apple computing environments (bonus points for Linux)
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Familiar with enterprise IT infrastructure, including servers, NAS systems, RAID arrays, switches, routers etc.
- Detail oriented, able to successfully multi-task, self-directed, with proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent eyesight and hearing, and the ability to qualitatively evaluate video and audio content
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Attn: Melanie Blackman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158
Fax: (512) 233-5818